Kids get sufficient amounts of nutrients they need by having a well-balanced, nutritious diet. However, many children are picky eater and more often than not, different types of nutritious foods are overlooked. This is where multivitamins come in – they fill in the nutritional gap necessary for children’s growth and normal body functions.
Nutritional needs for children vary depending on age, gender, growth, size, and activity levels. Hence, the multivitamins dosage must match each child’s specific condition.
In this article, we aim to help you choose the best multivitamins for your children by providing a buying guide and a list of recommended multivitamins for kids.
Buying Guide: How to Choose Multivitamins for Kids
Multivitamins come with an array of individual minerals and vitamins that will fill the nutritional needs of a child. However, note that every child is different. So, if you’re looking to buy a multivitamin for your child, here are some things you should consider.
- Consider the multivitamin’s flavor and formulation for easy intake. Some kids don’t like taking vitamins because they don’t like the taste of it; on the other hand, there are also some who enjoy taking them since they like the taste. To make sure that your child takes their multivitamin, choose a flavor that they would enjoy.
Aside from the flavor, the formulation is a consideration too. Choosing the flavor and formulation of multivitamins that your child prefers will be a huge help. Today, multivitamins come in different forms, including liquids, chewable tablets, and gummies that come in different flavors.
- Liquid multivitamins for fast body absorption. The body absorbs liquid multivitamins better and quicker. Its fast effect is due to easier digestion compared to a solid chewable. Also, liquid multivitamins contain pure nutrients since it does not have any casing or filler.
- Chewable tablets or capsules. Chewable tablets or capsules make taking multivitamins quite enjoyable for kids. They come in various flavors, colors, and shapes, often resembling candies to encourage children to take them. Most also have soft textures like gummy bears. Most multivitamin flavors are fruit-based, such as orange, cherry, and lemon so kids want more.
- Choose multivitamins from a trusted brand. Brands that stand out in the Philippine market have outstanding reputations because of their reliable, high-quality products. The result of careful manufacturing processes leads to the good quality and efficacy of the product. Remember that multivitamins are as crucial as food and beverages. Trusted brands guarantee that multivitamins are safe and effective.
- Talk to a pediatrician about your child’s nutritional needs. Multivitamins are over-the-counter products that you can get from pharmacies, grocery stores, health stores, and even online. To ensure your child’s health and safety, it is better to consult with a pediatrician first before giving multivitamins to a kid. Doctors can tell which vitamins your children lack, so they can provide the appropriate recommendations. Note that some multivitamins may contain vitamins and minerals that a kid does not need, and may have side effects. For safe and effective consumption, a kid’s age and proper dosage must match.
Multivitamins for Kids Philippines
Now that you know what to look out for when choosing a multivitamin for your kids, here are some of our top recommendations.
- SmartyPants Kids
SmartyPants Kids is a vitamin specially formulated for kids. It’s an all-in-one gummy that contains 13 essential nutrients, including fiber, vitamin D3, and omega 3s and is formulated as a dietary supplement because many kids do not like the taste of vegetables. This multivitamin has all-natural flavors derived from sources like fruits, vegetables, spices, and herbs making the gummies extra yummy. SmartyPants Kids is also made with no additives or artificial colors.
Because of its all-natural and healthy ingredients, SmartyPants Kids was awarded the Clean Label Project’s Purity Award – the highest overall rating for product value and purity.
- Cherifer Forte Syrup
Filipinos are more familiar with Cherifer as a vitamin that makes kids grow taller. However, it is also an excellent multivitamin. It contains Chlorella Growth Factor that gives the growing body a boost – chlorella is a high-quality protein and is rich in amino acids to stimulate growth, heal wounds, and repair tissues. It also contains a high amount of taurine that helps in the visual, motor, and mental development of growing children.
If you are looking for a multivitamin that will also make your child taller, Cherifer is a highly-recommended product as it supports the proper development and growth of children.
- Propan TLC Syrup
Propan TLC Syrup is a dietary supplement specially formulated to help kids maintain adequate nutrition, which is essential for their growth. It is an orange-flavored preparation that your kids will surely enjoy, even though it is in liquid form and not a chewable capsule or tablet.
Propan TLC contains three main minerals: Taurine, Lysine, and Chlorella. They are the sources of building blocks for skin, hair, nails, muscles, and internal organs like the brain and heart. Further, this multivitamin contains Vitamins A, B, C, D, and E and can also boost a child’s appetite – making it ideal for children who need balanced nutrition.
Growee is another multivitamin that is well-known for maximizing a child’s height while they develop. However, this multivitamin also contains a combination of Vitamin D and Chlorella Growth Factor. This combination supports physical and mental growth and development, as well as increased physical activity. With this combination, your child won’t just grow tall, but they will also be physically fit.
Growee also contains Vitamins A, B, D, E, TLC, and Niacinamide. This multivitamin uses uique TasteRite technology to reduce its bitter taste, and comes in two flavors: lemon and orange.
- Tiki-Tiki Star
Tiki-Tiki Star is another famous brand among Filipinos, and is a kid’s appetite booster. It is a trusted kid’s multivitamin as it promotes a healthy appetite and optimal health. Tiki-Tiki Star boosts a child’s appetite because it contains Vitamin B-Complex and Lysine. It also comes with other essential vitamins, including Vitamin a (for good eyesight), Vitamin D (for strong and healthy muscles and bones), Vitamin E (for healthy skin), and Vitamin C (for improved immunity).
Tiki-Tiki Star Syrup is suitable for children aged two years old and above. So, if your child is younger than 2 years old, you can purchase its counterpart, Tiki-Tiki Drops.
Multivitamins support the health of growing children. Different multivitamins suit every child’s nutritional needs. However, note that not all kids are the same, so make sure to consult with your child’s pediatrician first before giving them multivitamins for safety precautions.