Discover everything you need to know about Poten Cee. While it’s best to get your vitamin C intake from foods, many people turn to supplements like Poten Cee to meet their needs.
Vitamin C is an essential vitamin; however, your body can’t produce it and it doesn’t store it either. Therefore, it’s important to include plenty of vitamin C-containing foods in your daily diet. Vitamin C is water-soluble and is found in many fruits and vegetables, including oranges, broccoli, strawberries, spinach, kiwi fruit, brussels sprouts, papaya, potatoes, and watermelon, to name a few.
You might be wondering, ‘Why? Why is it essential to include plenty of vitamin C-rich foods in my daily diet?’
Well, that’s because vitamin C has been linked with numerous health benefits, such as improved immune health and lowered risk of heart disease, among others.
The recommended daily intake for vitamin C is 90 mg for men and 75 mg for women.
While it’s best to get your vitamin C intake from foods, many people turn to supplements like Poten Cee to meet their needs.
In this article, we talk about everything you need to know about Poten Cee, including its benefits, ingredients, and more.
Poten Cee Description
What is Poten-Cee?
Poten Cee (Ascorbic Acid) is a Vitamin C brand offering a broad range of supplement variations that cater to different ages, lifestyles, and needs.
Poten-Cee (Ascorbic Acid) helps boost immunity against colds, flu and other upper respiratory ailments and is essential in the production of collagen for healthy skin and hair.
Poten-Cee (Ascorbic Acid) comes as variants for different types of Vitamin C needs:
Adult Variants. Adult variants include:
- Sugar-Coated. Easy-to-swallow tablet that masks the sourness of Ascorbic Acid
- Sugar-Free. For diabetics or those on sugar-restricted diets, this tablet is devoid of a sugar coating
- Chewable. For people on-the-go, and those with active lifestyles
- Forte. 1g of Ascorbic Acid with an 8-hour time release
- Non Acidic. Vitamin C in the form of Sodium Ascorbate for people with sensitive stomachs and hyperacidity.
- Kid Variants. For kids, variants include:
- Oral Drops. For babies’ Vitamin C needs; comes in sweet Ponkan flavor
- Syrup. For children ages 1 to 12; comes in sweet Ponkan flavor
Poten Cee also offers supplements that come in both adult and kid variants.
- Poten Cee Plus (Vitamin C with Zinc). Poten-Cee Plus is a Vitamin C + Zinc Supplement for children 4-12 years old.
- Poten Cee Gummies. Poten-Cee Gummies is a Vitamin C Food Supplement that comes in a fun, gummy format and delicious orange flavor. It is easy to consume, as it can be taken as is, or without water.
About Pascual Laboratories. Pascual Laboratories, Inc. (PascualLab), is a Filipino-founded enterprise with a true passion for healthcare and love for life.
“From our family to yours, since 1946.
We are driven by a singular purpose – supporting the health and well-being of families in every community we touch.
Our range of respected brands, produced under our guidance as well as within internal and industry standards of quality at every stage, address a full spectrum of needs across all ages and feature life-oriented innovations that make being healthy easier, more affordable, and more natural.
All without sacrificing the trust families have placed in us for three generations.
We understand. We care. We work with your family in mind.
Our Mission: We seek to provide the most family-friendly health and wellness products in every community we touch.
Our Vision: Strong, Healthy Families”
Poten Cee Benefits
Listed below are 4 scientifically-proven benefits of taking a vitamin C supplement like Poten-Cee for your skin, hair, and overall health.
- It can help boost immunity. One of the main reasons why people take Poten-Cee is to boost their immunity, as vitamin C is involved in many parts of the immune system.
For one, vitamin C encourages the production of white blood cells known as phagocytes and lymphocytes, which help protect the body against infection. Further, vitamin C helps these white blood cells function more effectively, while protecting them from free radical damage.
Also, vitamin C is a vital part of the skin’s defense system. It’s actively transported to the skin, where it can act as an antioxidant to help strengthen the skin’s barriers. Studies also show that taking vitamin C may shorten wound healing time.
- It may reduce heart disease risk. Heart disease is the leading cause of death across the globe. Many factors increase the risk of heart disease, including high triglyceride or LDL ‘bad’ cholesterol levels, and high blood pressure. Vitamin C may help reduce these risk factors, which in turn may lower your risk of heart disease.
For instance, an analysis of 9 studies involving 293,172 participants found that after 10 years, people who took at least 700 mg of vitamin C daily had a 25% reduced risk of heart disease than those who didn’t take a vitamin C supplement.
- It’s essential for healthy skin. Along with boasting some other major health benefits, vitamin C is also good for your skin. Vitamin C not only helps repair free radical damage, but it also helps fade dark spots and brightens the skin. It also stimulates collagen production, thus improving the skin’s texture and quality.
Taking a vitamin C supplement like Poten-Cee regularly can also help prevent the effects of sun damage and pollution from showing up on your skin. This antioxidant helps defend against hyperpigmentation by inhibiting tyrosinase – an enzyme responsible for converting tyrosine into melanin in the skin.
- It’s good for your hair. Vitamin C is also good for your hair! Vitamin C is a necessary component to create collagen which promotes hair health. Moreover, vitamin C helps your body absorb non-heme iron, a vital mineral for hair growth.
Poten Cee Features and Ingredients
Listed below are the vitamin C supplement variations from Poten-Cee along with their ingredients.
Ingredients: Hydrolyzed collagen, Ascorbic acid, Magnesium stearate, Silicon dioxide, Rice flour
- Poten-Cee Plus (Vitamin C with Zinc). Poten-Cee Plus is a Vitamin C + Zinc Supplement for children 4-12 years old.
Ingredients: Per 5 mL syrup Ascorbic acid (as Na ascorbate) 97.5 mg, Zn 9 mg
- Poten-Cee Gummies. Poten-Cee Gummies is a Vitamin C Food Supplement that comes in a fun, gummy format and delicious orange flavor. It is easy to consume, as it can be taken as is, or without water.
Ingredients: Ascorbic Acid
Poten Cee How to Use
UsePoten Cee (Ascorbic Acid) exactly as directed on the label, or as prescribed by your doctor. Do NOT use in smaller or larger amounts or for longer than recommended.
Recommended Amounts. Vitamin C is measured in milligrams (mg). RDA refers to the Recommended Daily Allowance, while ULs refers to Tolerable Upper Intake Levels.
|Infants (0–6 months)||40 mg||n/a (infants should only take vitamin C in foods)|
|Infants (7–12 months)||50 mg||n/a (infants should only take vitamin C in foods)|
|Children (1–3 years)||15 mg||400 mg|
|Children (4–8 years)||25 mg||650 mg|
|Children (9–13 years)||45 mg||1,200 mg|
|Males (14–18 years)||75 mg||1,800 mg|
|Females (14–18 years)||65 mg||1,800 mg|
|Males (19 years and older)||90 mg||2,000 mg|
|Females (19 years and older)||75 mg||2,000 mg|
|Pregnancy (14–18 years)||80 mg||1,800 mg|
|Pregnancy (19 years and older)||85 mg||2,000 mg|
|Breastfeeding (14–18 years)||115 mg||1,800 mg|
|Breastfeeding (19 years and older)||120 mg||2,000 mg|
You may need to take a vitamin C supplement like Poten-Cee if any of the below apply to you:
- You have a diet low in fresh fruits and vegetables
- You don’t have enough stomach acid
- You suffered from prolonged illness
- You had major surgery
- You smoke or are exposed to secondhand smoke
- You drink moderate to heavy amounts of alcohol
- You have a lot of emotional or physical stress
Poten Cee User Reviews
Find out what people are saying about Poten-Cee:
“Best Vitamin C ever! This vitamin c is very effective and yet cheap!! It helps me to improve my immune system and at the same a glowy skin!! This brand I can say better than the others and my whole family will agree to it. I take this 3 times a day every after meal and I notice even my roommates are getting sick I have this incredible strong immune system since I take this.” – Dianne
“Maganda po ang Poten-Cee Gummies, gustong gusto po ng anak ko, sana po laging my stocks sa mercury drug store ng MC mall malabon at fisher mall malabon, salamat po.” – Thata Jimenez
“A great combo for the skin and immune system! Please please restock!! Ive been taking poten cee vit c for the longest time and surprised that they have the vit c and collagen combo which I discovered here in beautymnl. Price point is good considering collagen supplements alone are more on the expensive side.” – Jen
“Thankyou Poten-Cee very effective sya saken feeling ko nakakataba din sya.” – Wendy Padel
“Go to beauty vitamin c. I must confess, I was intrigued and enticed to buy this brand because of Bea Alonzo. I saw on a billboard that she was endorsing this. And since I’m a huge fan of vitamin c and collagen (which I drink separately – I take DHC) this is a cheaper version because you have the best of both worlds. Will stock up soon on this but I’m waiting for it to be on sale. Hahah!” – Kris Aster
“Affordable and yummy gummies hnd mahirap painumin sa kids dahil candy sya.” – LA Castillo
“Really like these, some vitamin C’ s in the past have upset my stomach, but it’s must have for my skin. I notice a difference in my complexion when I stop. These seem to be mild and I only have to take one a day also another big plus.” – Pulley
Poten Cee Price
As of September 2020, the price of Poten-Cee in the Philippines is Php 9.75 per capsule, Php 292.50 per 30s capsule, and Php 975 per 100s capsule.
*Prices may differ from one store to another.
Where to Buy Poten Cee
Poten-Cee is available in all leading drugstores nationwide. Also available in Lazada and Shopee.
Visit this link of Shopee to our your Poten Cee online today.
Disclaimer: You should consult a licensed health care professional before starting any supplement, dietary, or exercise program, especially if you are pregnant or have any pre-existing medical conditions. All information contained on this website is for general information purposes only.